WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR PARTNER FAMILIES
The Altavista Area/Campbell County Habitat for Humanity partners with selected familys to provide safe homes with affordable mortgages. This partnership offers a hand up; not a hand out.
Applicants must meet minimum criteria to be considered for homeownership. Partner familys are selected from those applicants that meet the minimum criteria. The number of homes available each year is limited, so not everyone that meets the minimum criteria will become a partner family.
Criteria To Qualify For Consideration Includes:
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for safe, affordable housing.
- Applicants must be willing to partner with us to build their home and other homes. This partnership includes performing 300 hours of sweat equity. Sweat equity is work such as building homes, fundraising, or other assigned activities.
3. Applicants must show ability and willingness to pay the mortgage payments.
4. Household income must be between the minimum and maximum shown below for your household size.
Income guidelines are based on U.S. Department of HUD limits and may change.
Number Of People Minimum Maximum
In Household Income Income
1 Person $16,600 $33,180
2 Person $18,950 $37,920
3 Person $21,300 $42,660
4 Person $23,650 $47,340
5 or more Contact us at (434) 309-2688 to learn those guidelines.
4. You must have lived in the Altavista Area/Campbell County area for a minimum of
1 year (this includes the Hurt and Gretna areas)
The Application For Partner Family can be downloaded here, or requested by emailing or calling the contact information below.
Applications can be mailed to P.O. Box 232, Altavista, VA 24517 or dropped off at 1007 Main Street Suite B, Altavista.
If you have questions or would like to make an appointment to get help completing an application, please call (434) 309-2688 or email email@example.com.